Recludix Pharma is a venture capital-funded biotechnology company formed in 2019 and located in San Diego, California and Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are engaged in small molecule drug discovery for the treatment of targeted patient populations in oncology and other therapeutic areas. Recludix Pharma is looking for candidates who desire to work in a dynamic early-stage startup environment as a member of our San Diego team.
We are seeking a laboratory technician to provide routine operational and technical support for our labs. A successful candidate will have good practical skills in a laboratory setting, such as keeping an organized laboratory and maintaining laboratory cleanliness to minimize contaminations. Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a key part of team to drive success.
- Work closely with scientists, managers and functional lines such as operations and procurement to successfully execute daily routine lab operational activities.
- Maintain and clean working common tissue culture rooms, pipettes and incubators.
- Prepare and autoclave solutions and media.
- Responsible for preparation and archiving solution batches of weekly novel drug discovery compounds.
- Laboratory responsibilities also include compound stock solution preparation and assistance in the execution of biochemical drug discovery screening assays.
- Registration of chemicals / reagents into inventory database and organization of chemical storage areas.
- Responsible for gathering, plating, and delivery of compounds to external scientific partners, per study design.
- Other responsibilities to be assigned include but are not limited to: routine lab equipment maintenance, laboratory organization & supply inventory – all in coordination with Operations Manager and Scientific staff.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year bachelor’s program majoring in a STEM-related discipline
- Previous laboratory experience (i.e. laboratory coursework, media and solution preparation, etc.)
- Must have good practical skills in a laboratory setting, such as keeping an organized laboratory and maintaining laboratory cleanliness to minimize contaminations
- Must be able to multitask and follow detailed protocols
- Receptive and eager to learn new skills
- Problem solver and team player who can work collaboratively with different colleagues
- Must be able to stand for 2-4 hours without difficulty, lift and carry 50lbs
- Ability to work at least 10 – 15 hours per week when school is in session
Recludix Pharma is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Recludix Pharma is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Recludix Pharma requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, or receive an approved medical or religious exemption.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions.